Where Should I Store an Insurance Policy?

Insurance is a protection for the people we love. If the insured in the insurance policy suffered an accident or died, then heirs get the benefits that have been arranged in the insurance policy. To withdraw the benefits, one of the requirements requested by the insurance company is to include the original insurance policy as well as other complementary documents. Without the original policy, it is really difficult for the heirs to get the benefits.

The problem is, sometimes the heirs, like wives and children, do not know if their father has a very useful insurance policy. The father or the main breadwinner sometimes forgets to tell that he has been covered by insurance.

Openness becomes the key. "My husband and I have 11 insurance policies My husband knows about my policy and I know about my husband's policy Since my children are small I tell the mother about this policy as well I show them where the policy is kept and to who he should relate if anything happens to me or my husband, "said Choliliah (38).

It is clear that the insurance policy is an important document. However, should the insurance policy be put in a safe deposit box in the bank like any other letter? Apparently not. Famous financial planner Aidil Akbar Madjid once said, do not ever keep a policy in the SDB. The reason, when the heirs want to open the SDB must go through a long procedure.

"We recommend that insurance policies be united and collected in one easy-to-reach place," Akbar said. He tells his polis in a bag in his office. If anything happens, the bag containing the important documents is a priority that must be saved.

Notify family or heirs, where insurance policies and contacts should be contacted.